A basic Building Information Modeler
- BIM-ba is a basic Building Information Modeler. BIM is a “process involving the generation and management of digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of places”.
- BIM-ba is a Wagtail app AND a WordPress plugin. Currently the first is under development, while the latter is rather neglected.
- The Wagtail app is on Github. You may download / install the WP plugin from the WordPress.org plugin repository.
- BIM-ba as a Wagtail app loads a DXF (Drawing Exchange File, a human readable CAD format) and shows it in Virtual Reality on your website. As a WP plugin it lets you model a room / apartment in the backend of your WordPress installation.
- Bimba means little girl in italian. Little but with great expectations!
Here you can see some examples.
How it works
- As a Wagtail app, modeling happens on CAD, while in the backend you apply colors and images.
- As a WP plugin, modeling itself happens in the backend, some forms help you in the data input process.
Who should use it?
- BIM-ba may be used by designers and architects who want to show their creations to clients in a simple and straightforward way.
- Everything (almost) happens in your website, modeling and display, no other application needed.
- BIM-ba may be used also on the building site, as a survey and control tool.