A basic Building Information Modeler
- BIM-ba is a WordPress plugin AND a Wagtail app. Currently the first is rather neglected, while the latter is under development.
- You may download / install the WP plugin from the WordPress.org plugin repository. The Wagtail app is on Github.
- BIM-ba is a basic Building Information Modeler. BIM is a “process involving the generation and management of digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of places”.
- BIM-ba as a WP plugin lets you model a room / apartment in the backend of your
WordPress installation, and shows it in Virtual Reality on your website. As a Wagtail app it needs DXF (Drawing Exchange Files) to work.
- Bimba means little girl in italian. Little but with great expectations!
Here you can see some examples.
How it works
- As a WP plugin modeling itself happens in the backend, some forms help you in the data input process.
- As a Wagtail app modeling happens on CAD, while in the backend you apply colors and images.
Who should use it?
- BIM-ba may be used by designers and architects who want to show their creations to clients in a simple and straightforward way.
- Everything (almost) happens in your website, modeling and display, no other application needed.
- BIM-ba may be used also on the building site, as a survey and control tool.